Social and casual game developers PopCap (Popcap) released the latest report, “Farmville” and “Mafia Wars” and other social networking game cheating players, about half (48%) in real life is a liar, and not players cheating liar in real life compared to just 14%.
These crooks will steal in real life or reception of the hotel towels and magazines, illegal parking in disabled parking spaces, and even emotionally cheat on their spouse.
United States University of North Dakota psychology professor 克雷鲁特莱 odd (Clay Routledge) said: “We in the virtual world of social interaction with others in the game the way we tend to reflect the behavior in the real world because of social games more than 100 million regular players, we can imagine a variety of psychological characteristics in the social game players will be reflected, or even cheating. ”
The survey was conducted by market research company commissioned by PopCap Information Solutions Group conducted a total of U.S. and the UK conducted a survey of 1201 people. All respondents to play social games per week should achieve at least 15 minutes.
In the crook, the real-life behavior of the most common fraud is cheating in school, compared to 53%. However, specific to the UK, playing fare cheating on the proportion of 58%, 33% of the United States only. About 51% of the social game cheating players have things stolen over the hotel, and had illegally occupied parking spaces for persons with disabilities, without cheating behavior of these two players the corresponding proportion was only 14% and 12%. The worst behavior, about 49% of the social game cheating cheating spouse in the feelings of not cheating players compared to just 15%.
Overall, the report found that most people are not cheating in the social games: about 82% of the respondents did not cheat, the other 18% have been cheating, cheating players is higher than the United Kingdom the United States. The proportion of men cheat than women, both 54% and 46%, and cheat the players not to cheat the player’s age than the slightly smaller.
Interestingly, the survey also found that social cheating in the game players are more likely to spend money to purchase virtual goods and virtual currency: about 86% of cheating players were very likely or likely to buy virtual goods in order to obtain short-term advantage in the game. Ironically, this shows that it is precisely those social game cheating “best customers.”